Sunday, August 05, 2012

A List of Things on My Mind -- End-of-Summer Edition

1. I was extremely happy to say farewell to July 2012, which will go down in my personal history as a month I didn't care for very much at all. My mom's ongoing battle with relentless viral meningitis is one big strike against July. In addition, several of my friends have been hit with some hard times this month as well.  So there, July 2012. I'm glad to see you go.

2. Words cannot express the "OVER IT-ness" I feel about the Chick-fil-a war. All I have to say is this: I was struck by the juxtaposition of watching competing athletes from different countries congratulate each other's victories as I was reading (and often rolling my eyes at) the venomous comments spewed from both sides on FB about Chick-fil-a. That's all.

3. I am obsessed with the Olympics. OBSESSED. (Also, I might be in the minority, but I far prefer watching swimming to watching track and field events, so I'm a bit sad swimming is over.)

4. Like him or not, Michael Phelps is remarkable.  Well done, Michael Phelps.

5. I love Missy Franklin and Gabby Douglas. I wish I could find a photo of them side by side...because they would look like Mutt and Jeff.

6. My last three (four?) points are about the Olympics.  See? I told you I was obsessed.

7. It seems so early for people to be going back to school.  I still have two more weeks. Woot!

8. Darryl and I had a date night with our friends Damian and Rebecca the other night. It was nice to have a meal where I didn't have to take someone to the potty right as my food arrived. (Amelia has a knack for that kind of timing.)

The end.

2 comments:

Amy said...

i am SO over all the cfa stuff. SO over it!
and i love the olympics, too. i stay up way too late watching every night (Even though i've already kept up with it during the day and already know what happens).

Amy said...

Ha! As tough as it is, I try to avoid Twitter and Facebook so the results won't be "spoiled" for me! (Sometimes I can't resist, though.)