Wednesday, August 08, 2012

You Might Need to Direct Me to This Post 6 Months From Now

I'm ready for a routine.

I'm ready for school to start.

I'm ready to put on "grown-up clothes" complete with "grown-up shoes" and get in my car and drive to work.

I'm ready for Amelia to go to school so she can learn and play and tell me all about it when I pick her up.

I'm ready to go to bed at a decent hour and get up at the same time each morning. (Granted, nothing is preventing me from doing that now, but...)

I'm ready for weekends to feel like weekends.

That being said...I really have enjoyed the past year that I have spent being a stay-at-home mom. Originally, that wasn't my plan when I left high school teaching; my plan was to find a job with a more manageable workload so that I could work but be "done" at the end of the day.  That wasn't in the cards, apparently, and maybe that's a good thing.  I feel like Amelia and I have had oodles of quality time.  And I've enjoyed it.  I've definitely been less stressed.

My hat goes off to stay-at-home moms.  It is more exhausting than people realize. Rewarding, yes, but exhausting nonetheless.

As I've been preparing for my new job, I'm getting more excited. I know this job will have its challenges (and I'm already dealing with some, but I haven't decided just how much I should share about that or if I should share anything about it at all), but it just seems very doable at this point. Who knows? Maybe I'm greatly underestimating the work load, or maybe I'm having amnesia about what it was like to do this job before, but as I'm getting all my stuff together, I'm thinking yes...I can do this!


No comments: