Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday Morning Update: My Mom is Home!

Yesterday the doctor surprised us all by discharging my mom from the hospital!

For several days, the doctors and nurses had talked about the possibility of having my mom go to a rehab center for a short period of time to get her strength and mobility back to normal, so that was what we were expecting to happen.  My mom even had me go on a shopping errand yesterday to get a few "rehab outfits."

However, when her doctor came to see her, he had her walk some around the room, told her that her labs looked great.  She was no longer hooked to any kind of IV and was taking everything by mouth.  So...he said she could work on getting her strength back at home.

We are really, really hoping that she is able to STAY home this time.  Please continue to keep her in your good thoughts/prayers!

No comments: