Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday Morning Mom Update

Just cutting right to the chase...

My mom is being tested for West Nile, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lyme Disease, and several other similar insect/parasite-related illnesses; HOWEVER, it will be 5-7 days before we know the results because the labs have to be sent to California.

(Can I pause for a minute and say how ridiculous that is? Seriously? Please tell me there is a good explanation for a 5- to 7-day turnaround on lab results.)

So...the doctors now are just focusing, as they have been, on treating her symptoms.  Right now, her main complaint is a horrible headache that she has pretty much had for 2-1/2 weeks.  She told me if they could find something that would successfully diminish that pain, she thinks she would feel a hundred times better.

There's no reason to suspect that my mom won't recover from this; it just seems to be taking a long time, and right now, we aren't even sure what she has. (And have I already mentioned that it will be 5-7 days before we know???)

Still keep my mom in your good thoughts in prayers. We really do appreciate them!

No comments: