Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Amelia in Action

For the first time in at least six weeks, I connected my "good" camera to the computer to get my photos (I have been taking most of my photos with the iPhone lately), and I found these that cracked me up. They were taken about mid-April when we were still in Atlanta.


Amelia LOVES to put on her princess dresses...with her blue-flowered rainboots. And she loves to wear her rainboots when it isn't raining. She decided to make this random stick her magic wand. However, she got a bit carried away with it and wanted to run with it, so...


I took it away from her and she was not happy. (Yes, I totally photographed my child while she was pouting.)

ANYWAY...

Amelia was home with me for the past few weeks.  After the first week, I decided we needed an activity, so I signed her up for swim lessons. I figured she could use a refresher course since it had been at least six months since she had been in the pool. Last Thursday was the day parents could see all the kids had learned.

Here she is, ready for action. (If she becomes an Olympic swimmer, this will be in People magazine one day.)

And here she is, getting her freestyle on. (She is actually best at backstroke, but I didn't get a good photo of that, alas.)


And here she is, satisfied after a good effort.


It has been so hot here and Amelia really enjoys playing in the water and being outside, so we got this over the weekend.


Not only does Amelia enjoy it, but her mom also enjoys it because she can sit in the shade and read a magazine while Amelia WEARS HERSELF OUT.


And you know what parents call something that wears out their kids? MONEY WELL SPENT.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Love the princess pictures!