Friday, December 02, 2011

The PInk Pig (and my mom's birthday)

Amelia and I went to Macy's to ride The Pink Pig yesterday.

I'm going to be honest: The Pink Pig is VERY overrated. The first year we went, we waited in two very long lines (probably an hour and a half, total), and the ride itself is, well, lame.

(However, I think the hype is because it used to be at Rich's many years ago and Macy's brought it back. Every time we've gone, there has always been a handful of white-haired ladies who are riding because they wanted to relive their childhood of riding the original Pig at Rich's. I think that's sweet. I get nostalgia.)

For some reason unknown to me, I returned last year on a weekday before Thanksgiving, and the lines were much better although there was still a short wait.

Well, who am I to buck a tradition I apparently started? So yesterday we went again and apparently a random Thursday the first week of December is the ideal time to go because there was virtually NO line at all. And Amelia LOVED it.


Amelia was so excited this time around, and that made it fun. So my point is this: the Pink Pig is NOT worth the two-hour wait that apparently exists on weekends and week of Christmas. It IS worth, however, a short line wait. And I guess if your kid is having fun, who cares???

ALSO...yesterday was my fabulous mom's birthday! I should have posted about it yesterday, but after the Pig, Amelia had a bit of a meltdown (actually it was a freakishly HUGE meltdown) in QT, so I was a bit distraught after that. Anyway, she has always been a wonderful mom, and I think she was born to be a grandmother, and we all love her very much! (You can also check out her blog here!)

1 comment:

Mom said...

That comment was the best birthday gift of all!