Sunday, October 05, 2008

Eyes on the Prize

This week is going to be a tough one, probably. We have midterms, and I have tons of grading to do in an effort to make midterm grades as accurate as possible. I also have lots of other teaching tasks to tend to as well. (How's that for alliteration?)

I'm not too dismayed, however, because I know what lies ahead next weekend:

1. It's a long weekend. We have Monday off for Fall Holiday, and the students are off this Friday as well. (It's a "work day" for teachers, but we all know that "work day" is a day spent in meetings, workshops, and such instead.)

2. Darryl and I are going to take Amelia to a pumpkin patch at some point in the weekend.

3. I should have the opportunity to scrapbook next weekend.

4. I have plans to meet up with my friend Casi Sunday...and we'll probably eat a sinful dessert.

5. I get to spend all day Monday with Amelia, just the two of us.

I can't wait!

This weekend has been good. While I've had to work on lots of school stuff, the three of us have enjoyed just hanging out at home. I made taco soup for dinner last night and baked cupcakes just because I was in a cupcake mood. I think this weekend has been just what I needed.

Here's Amelia in the middle of a good nap yesterday:

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Love, love, love the FSU outfit!! I need a full shot of her in it. Is it a cheerleader outfit? She had to be the reason we beat Miami Saturday! :)

I wish we had a real pumpkin patch nearby. You know the kind the Roloff's have on "Little People, Big World." Instead it's either one of those pumpkin stands that in Nov. turns to Christmas trees (bet you didn't know that when pumpkins grow up they become trees! LOL), Wal-Mart, or the farmer's market. We usually go to the farmer's market. Get good pics on your trip to the patch!

Jenny said...

Cute pic. Looks sooo comfy. I can't believe how much hair she has!

Amy said...

It is a cheerleading outfit, courtesy of her cousin Cameron (Dayton's son). We tried to get a full shot of her, but she wouldn't stop moving! I'll definitely try next time she wears it...probably Saturday!