Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm Still Here

I honestly haven't had time to blog, but I hope to update soon. Don't give up on me. :)

Here's the rundown in very random order:

--I just finished my shift of supervising the building of the sophomore Homecoming float.
--Darryl, Amelia, and I went to Florida this weekend for an event in honor of Darryl's mom and dad; I definitely will tell more and will update with pics.
--I'm tired all the time.
--I'm tired of grading papers.
--I liked the first episode of The Office (go Jim!), but thought the first episode of Grey's was really drawn out...could have easily been an hour-long episode instead of a two-hour one. Oh, and even though I haven't really watched ER since Romano lost his battle with the helicopter, I boohooed over Pratt's death. (I watched that one while I was packing my suitcase for Florida.)
--This gas shortage is getting old.

And here's a sweet Amelia story for the day...I came home from float building, tired, a bit irritable (it's been a long day), and so forth. I picked up Amelia, and she smiled really big, took my face in her hands, and put her forehead up next to mine and laughed. Be still my heart. Just what I needed.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I just love Amelia even more after that story! These are the moments that make parenting all worth it. She is just precious. (I hope that doesn't come across terribly pretentious...I really mean it!)

I, too, am really tired this year. Come to think of it, every teacher I know is feeling the stress & strain. I promise to update my blog soon Lord willing.