Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wonderful weekend

This weekend was wonderful. I'm going to make a big ol' confession here: my school bag never left the backseat of my car. I was already prepared to teach tomorrow, but I didn't grade any papers or plan anything beyond tomorrow. I needed a break.

Yesterday, I went to a scrapbooking crop for 12 HOURS. First of all, I have to give a big thank you to Darryl for not only being willing to keep Amelia by himself all day, but also for saying, "I want you to have a good time. I think you need this." (I did promise him that I would take a month off--at least from "crops"--until the weekend before Thanksgiving.)

Y'all, this may sound cheesy and crazy, but I think I love this scrapbooking thing so much because it makes me truly grateful for who we are and what we have. As I'm trying to present memories on a page, I realize that what I'm compiling is a story of us. Our family. A story that I hope Amelia enjoys reading about one day. It also does my heart good to see ladies sitting all around me basically doing the same thing, telling their stories and their lives. As my scrapbook for 2008 is coming together, I realize that even though we may not vacation all over the globe or go to lots of parties or do anything really out of the ordinary, our lives are really full. Anyway...

Today was just a good day together as a family. We went to church, had Sunday dinner on the lawn at church (how Walnut Grove is that?), shopped a little, visited my cousin, hung around the house...it was truly relaxing.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to try to top off this fabulous weekend by going to bed before 9:00.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Okay, you have officially inspired me to start scrapbooking again. I always feel there are so many other things I need or have to do, but you were right on about what we are doing...preserving family memories, right now.

You have become a great mom!

Are you sure Darryl wasn't setting up to get props on your blog?? haha, just kidding...he's a great guy, that Darryl-Darryl!! You are both truly blessed to have each other! (and to both know me...haha!)

RealTimShady said...

Predictions for Amy's future: beekeeping and quilting.

Amy said...

Tim, you are apparently unaware of my freakish phobia of bees.

(Ironically enough, that is what Amelia is going to be for Halloween.)

I would totally be up for scrapbooking and baking, however.

Jenny said...

I love scrapbooking. I haven't done it in a while though. I need to MAKE TIME. :)