Saturday, September 06, 2008

Random

--Amelia LOVES Cheerios. That is why I'm able to blog right now. :)

--The honor roll party went well, for the most part. Here's some irony for you: you know how teachers complain about how students can't follow directions, well, let me tell you how many teachers can't follow directions. After an email explaining how we were doing the party, when to send kids to the commons area, when to pass out tickets, etc. (our new principal doesn't allow announcements over the intercom during the day), several teachers didn't do what they were supposed to do. Oh, well. (Tim and Kim followed the directions, though!)

--Darryl is excited about the Florida State game tonight.

--I'm ready for some fall weather, y'all.

2 comments:

Jenn L. said...

It's funny how teachers can be as bad as their students. My favorite example is during in-services, which, yes, can be terribly painful. I've seen teachers talk non-stop through presentations--and you know we wouldn't accept that behavior from our kids!

Kristy said...

Yay for Cheerios! Just wait until she is able to manage some goldfish...HEAVEN! They are a little difficult for them to manage whole at her age, but you could break up some of those for her.

Aren't teachers the WORST? We also are some of the worst audiences, especially for talking during inservices!

GO NOLES!!!! I'm with you on the fall, too. I think I'm going to do some fall decorating this week around the old house.

BTW...had some friends over, pulled out the old "W" yearbook...NEVER realized that almost EVERY boy in my junior/senior class, & lots of girls had MULLETS. Darryl & David R. were like the only ones not in fashion! LOL Yeah, & stumbled upon the Sears photo of me & Clint...OMG, I looked like the queen of someone's doublewide...WHY didn't someone tell me??!!