Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A Milestone and More

Amelia took her first steps Monday evening!

This photo is horrible quality, but you get the idea:


And technically, this pic was taken last night and not Monday, but still...

I was absolutely thrilled that Darryl and I were the first ones to see this big milestone. To me, one of the hardest things about being a working mom is missing these events. She rolled over for the first time at daycare, and then Amelia had to be a showoff for her Nana and stood up for the first time when Darryl and I had our "one-night vacation" in July. But this one was for us. And even better, she did it all over again for the video camera. :)

That's the good news.

The down side to all this is that Sunday and Monday nights were HORRIBLE. Monday night, Amelia woke up every hour, almost on the hour, from 12:30 on, and I have to get up at 5. Most of my baby books talk about how this happens when babies are approaching or are reaching a milestone. I remember she did this when she started crawling and then when she started standing, but those things happened during the summer when I could catch a catnap during the day.

Tuesday, I was a bear. I was so sleepy I had a headache. I have to give big props to Darryl, who, seeing my need for sleep, took care of getting Amelia to bed, emptied the dishwasher, fixed bottles, loaded the dishwasher back up again, cleaned the kitchen...all so I could go to bed at the glorious time of 8:30. Pure bliss! (And Amelia slept through the night last night, too. Even better!)

This week is a busy one. My pile of grading doesn't seem to be getting any smaller, and I also have an Honor Roll party to throw Friday. I'm ready for the weekend again.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

WOW! I can not believe how big she is getting! I'm glad you both got to experience her first steps.

Speaking of honor roll parties, do you remember running up to the IGA for NHS when we used to host them in high school? Every town needs an IGA, don't you think?

Amy said...

I had completely forgotten about it until you mentioned it...

Oh every town needs an IGA. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of Amelia's latest accomplishment. I can't believe how fast she is growing. I'm sure she will say "Nana" very soon.