Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stormy Saturday

I was awakened at 6:00 by loud crashes of thunder. (I've determined I'm never going to get to sleep past 6 a.m. again.) I'm watching news reports of the horrible weather that took place in downtown Atlanta last night. Crazy.

Here are some other ramblings...

--It looks as though we have some changes coming our way at school next year. I'm kind of excited about them.

--My juniors are starting Gatsby Monday. I'm in no way prepared. I want to do it justice because I love, love, love that novel. I found some interesting things online I may attempt. Jen, do you have anything good that has been successful when you've taught Gatsby? I'm planning to immerse myself in all things Gatsby tomorrow to get it all thought out.

--My mom and I watched Lost last night. I love that show. There were several moments where I just said, "WHAT???" I will say, though, that I had the "spy" on the boat figured out weeks ago, but everything else definitely threw me for a loop.

--I'm not watching Idol. I've given that show the boot.

--I will watch Dancing With the Stars, but I'm already dreading the big fuss everyone will make over Marlee Matlin's (sp?) deafness. A couple of seasons ago, I grew very weary of Heather Mills and her leg. I mean, yay for overcoming obstacles and handicaps, but can we just address it once and then leave it?

--Darryl and I might have a date night tonight!!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I knew your parents couldn't stay away for long:) Sure you grew weary of Heather & her leg, but what about Heather?? How weary is she of her leg, and she can't just turn the TV. Wouldn't Marlee give anything to actually hear the fuss...Just kidding:) I know, my humor is sick sometimes...I'm cracking up right now thinking of the time you had really bad sunburn, & I was not very subtle or tactful.

Jenny said...

I have a big notebook full of Gatsby stuff. Is there anyway we can meet up somewhere and I can give you copies of stuff?

I haven't taught it for years. Miss it.

Amy said...

Kristy...that's just wrong. :) (I think Heather Mills rather likes her leg...she felt the need to talk about it whenever she had the opportunity!)

Jen, I wish we could meet up somewhere. Unfortunately, I'm starting it tomorrow and this week is completely slammed with stuff I have to do. Maybe one day...

Jenny said...

Bummer.

Heather Mills looks like a rat.

Anonymous said...

We're also going to have to hear all about Lisa Marie's pregnancy.