Thursday, March 20, 2008

Humor me

I'm in the market for another diaper bag. Kim gave me a great "every day" bag that I think I have used every single day since I first took Amelia on her first outing, and I also have a small tote that holds just a couple of diapers. (I'm not counting the tote you and Max gave me, Tim...I use it for all sorts of things...it's currently packed with clothes for this weekend.) I'm looking for a good "in between" bag that is good for some 2- to 3-hour outings.

I've found the bag I like, but I can't decide on a design. Please help! (You may think this is nonsense, but the diaper bag just opens up yet another branch of handbags for a mom!)

Here's a point to note: I don't like diaper bags that look too baby-ish...no Winnie the Pooh prints for me. (If you carry a Winnie the Pooh print bag, I'm not judging. Just not my style...like Vera Bradley bags are not my style.)

Here's choice A: Basic brown with Pink Lining:

Pros: muted; sleek; looks great with Amelia's brown/pink stroller; Darryl wouldn't object to carrying it in public
Cons: possibly boring; looks like every other brown purse I've bought (but maybe that's a good thing?); will clash with black...and I wear a lot of black; and if I ever take it to daycare, it will blend in with the other seven brown bags on the shelf

Here's choice B: funky floral

Pros: fun; Spring-y; has more colors to match what I'm wearing (does that matter?); a different look for me; will definitely not blend in with the other bags at daycare
Cons: Darryl probably wouldn't be caught dead with it; is it fun or babyish?; is it funky or tacky?

I can only keep one. Give me your thoughts. (If you really don't care...just pretend like you do.)

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow, definitely two very different styles! I believe I like the sleeker, brown/pink one. I'm all for crazy, funky prints, but this one is not my style. (Of course, though, I WAS the Winnie-the-Pooh mom, & although I don't own a Vera Bradley, I do love some of her bags!! I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a purse.) Don't worry, I wasn't ALL Pooh, my main bag was a navy blue Land's End. The crazy print one is a little too 70's for me.

But, hey, if you need a little funky in your life & it feels fun for you, go with the print!

RealTimShady said...

Isn't Bag B a little Vera Bradley-esque?

Amy said...

Kristy, I don't judge you for your Winnie the Pooh...or your Vera Bradley. Just don't judge me if I end up sticking with the floral one. :)

And Tim, when I think of Vera Bradley, I think of paisley. No paisleys on this bag.

I will say I that the floral one, to me, looks better in person than in the photograph.

Kristy said...

Thanks for finally posting! I've been home sick since Thursday, w/ nothing much to do but cough, sleep, take meds, and surf the net! Thanks for not judging me, although, I'd probably be into more "Pottery Barn Kids" if I were having babies now:)

I think you really want the print one, but the rational side of you is being cautious. Go for the print! Be funky, make D get out of his comfort zone, and remember, if you have another child in the next few years, it will be time for a new bag anyway...especially if it's a boy!

Why does this bring back memories of shopping with you in PC??? All we need to do now is meet for BBQ! LOL

Jess said...

I say go with the print!! It's fun, and even if it doesn't match EVERYTHING- you can get away with it since it's technically your diaper bag! Go for it!!!!

Jenny said...

I say go for the wilder looking one.