Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saturday Ramblings

I'm so glad it is Saturday. I'm also glad that this week is a "short" week in a way...Friday is a "work day" (and let's face it...we never really get the opportunity to work because we have to go to meetings and workshops all day long), but at least I don't have to deal with students.

In all honesty, this week hasn't been bad as far as school goes. Yesterday, though, I became a bit annoyed with my 10th graders, but I've since calmed down about it.

My parents are coming next weekend, too. They can't get enough of Amelia these days. I can't say I blame them...she is really in a cute phase where she's "talking" quite a bit and smiling and laughing. I'm loving it. Yesterday, she "talked" all the way to daycare and was still talking when I put her in a swing and left to go to work.

I went off my diet big time last night...we went to Cheeseburger in Paradise because I have been craving their mini-cheeseburgers and sweet potato chips for about two months now. We also had fried pickles for an appetizer. Delicious!

Amelia had her four-month check-up yesterday. She's 17 pounds (!) and 26-1/2 inches long (!). We actually had to buy her a bigger bathtub last night because her feet touch the end of the one we had been using and she can't kick her legs the way she likes to. The girl loves bath time.

I hope everyone doesn't mind my Amelia stories. :) (Tim, I guess I tell them all here instead of in the teachers' lounge.)

It is snowing right now. Two days ago, it was 70 degrees. Weird.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

We had to move Jake into his bigger boy tub recently too. He is a chunkeroo.

Went off your diet? No biggie, you are still losing more weight than me---at a faster rate! I don't know what is going on with my body! I'm stuck at 12 pounds weightloss...that's it. 2 weeks straight now, won't budge.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Amy said...

Yes, BUT I still have more to lose than you do. I'm sure my loss will slow down very soon. :(

Amy said...

Oh, and Jen...have you seen Tim's latest post???