Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Crazy week

I'm glad it's Wednesday and this week is almost over. It' s been crazy busy over here.

This weekend with my parents was good except for the crazy weather. We actually had to get in the hallway twice because of tornadoes passing through. Fortunately, we didn't have any damage.

Saturday evening, Darryl and I celebrated an early anniversary dinner by going to Chops. We'd never been there before, and while it was okay, it was probably toward the bottom of the list of "better" eating places we've been to. It was nice just to go out together, though.

Yesterday was a big day for Amelia. She rolled over for the first time at daycare. I'm experiencing a bit of working mom sadness over that one, but I'll live. I'll probably be pressuring the poor girl to start walking in June so I can see her first steps by the end of the summer. :)

Yesterday was a long day for me. We had "Parent Night" last night at school, and leaving school at 7:15 in the evening just makes the day seem endless.

Today was also crazy because I had to help give two back-to-back Honor Roll pizza parties. They went well, but they stress me out.

On top of all that, I started new books in all my classes, and that always requires energy. Being the cheerleader for a new book in attempts to get ho-hum students interested in reading is tough work.

Is it Spring Break yet?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

What books are you starting? We started Animal Farm today. :)

Kristy said...

We are all counting the days to Spring Break!! I'm glad ya'll came thru the storms okay. Parent Night is always draining, especially when you have your own children to care for when you get home. Don't be too hard on yourself about missing things w/ Amelia. You are there for the most important things, & I'm sure this summer she'll amaze you! (You'll really get to enjoy her crawling & discovery of new things she can do as she is more mobile:)

Amy said...

The juniors are doing G@tsby and the honors sophomores are doing a nonfiction book called H@ving Our Say.

I was telling Tim today that I think kids are too desensitized...I thought they would be sucked in immediately with the revelation of Tom's affair and the part where he breaks Myrtle's nose...but most of them didn't even bat an eye.

Of course, half--heck, probably more than half--aren't even trying to pay attention to the book.