Monday, February 18, 2008

One of the great mysteries...

Why do three-day weekends (or any weekend, for that matter) seem to fly by while three days at school can seem like an eternity???

I've had a good weekend, just hanging out with Darryl and Amelia. Here are some highlights:

--I bought some tennis shoes! This was a "must have" purchase, as the only pair that fit anymore were my ugly Dr. Scholl's pregnancy tennis shoes.

--Amelia charmed us with her smiles and chatter. Look, I know every mother thinks this about her own baby, but Amelia is stinkin' cute.

--I took a two-day vacation, well, really more like three-day vacation, from my Weight Watchers diet. Thus, I am not going for my "weigh in" today. I'm back on the wagon today and will weigh in next week. But you know how diets are...you're all gung-ho for a while, and then it just gets old. Friday is when it just got old for me. I wanted to eat some good food without wondering how many points it had.

--To help counteract some of the damage, I did go for two long walks this weekend in my new tennis shoes. :)

--I'm getting a massage this evening! Darryl told me to book one to help rejuvenate me for the coming week. I'm very excited.

That's about all that went on here. Today I'm going to attempt to finish up some school stuff and laundry while Darryl is at work...not really fun, but needs to be done anyway.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Yay, Darryl! Big brownie points!! I know what you mean. We had Friday & today off...it flew by. Did I mention Rebekah & I have a nasty cold/sinus infection?? At least we have been able to rest w/o taking sick days!! I've also been de-cluttering my bedroom. Kiss Amelia for us!!

Jenny said...

LUCKY! WE had to work today. Ugh.
And yes, I fell off the wagon a bit this weekend too. I wanted some fried shrimp when we went out for a date. Yummy. I'm not weighing in this week either.