Monday, February 04, 2008

Last week (ugh)

So I said I would post more about last week--the sucky week--but now I'm too tired to go into detail. This is the "barebones" version:

--Darryl's dad was diagnosed with inoperable cancer of the bile duct of his gall bladder. The family is pursuing some treatment options, however, that could--we hope--shrink the cancer or keep it from spreading.
--Darryl was gone to Florida most of the week, which meant I was winging it with Amelia on my own. (Now, let me clarify that I was all for Darryl being in Florida because that is where he needed to be--I'm not bitter about that in the least. Let's just say, though, that I have a whole new respect for single mothers and fathers and spouses of military personnel.)
--Amelia, while under my sole care, went through--and is still going through--her first baby illness, which started out as a cold but now, according to the nurse I spoke to on the phone this afternoon, could be an ear infection. We'll find out tomorrow when Darryl takes her to the doctor. This all translates into little sleep for Amy and Darryl...this also stinks because she had just started honest-to-goodness sleeping through the night.
--My students--specifically, my 7th period sophomores--really yanked my chain (probably because I was so tired) Thursday. That was how I ended my "school week" because I was out Friday.
--I drove to Florida Friday with Amelia. Fortunately, she was very good, but it was still stressful.

Yeah...so last week stunk. Things can improve any day now. That would be good.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I'll be praying for Mr. Benny and the whole family. I can only imagine what ya'll are going through. I remember going through all of this with my brother in the 90's and last year with my sister. The emotions are great. Lean on God!
I'll add him to the prayer list at church. I'll be praying for Amelia and you guys too!

Jenny said...

I'm sorry about Darryl's father.
:( My thoughts are with y'all.