Thursday, February 07, 2008

I Like Thursdays

I like Thursdays. Usually there is something good on TV (although I record most of my shows these days), and there is this feeling of "ah, tomorrow is Friday."

This week has been better. Darryl's dad recovered from his surgery very quickly and went home today. Amelia has been feeling better and is more like her usual self. I've had several nights of decent sleep. Hooray!

Has anyone seen the movie Life is Beautiful? I'm currently obsessed with it. It's one I've always wanted to see, but I just never got around to it until a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to show it to my Honors students as they are reading Night. (I know...another movie, but I am going to make them write an essay about it and/or Night, so I feel like it is serving a more academic purpose.) I was a bit hesitant to show it because my 10th graders can be a bit on the immature side, but they really seem to be liking it. I've also discovered that subtitles keep them focused. Seriously, this movie may be in my Top 5. I love it.

5 comments:

Jess said...

I'm liking Thursdays lately too! I didn't go to work last Thurs (long story) and then I called in sick today, and it's looking like the closing on our house will be moved up to next Thursday, so I'll get another half-day off! I'm thinking about asking if I can have every Thursday off!!
Glad life is getting better for you. Life IS beautiful.

Jenny said...

I've never seen Life is Beautiful. Pooty poot.

Amy said...

Jess, post some pics of your new house!

Jen...go to Netflix right this minute and add LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL to your list. You will LOVE IT. LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

So, do you really love this movie?? (LOL) Will Darryl's Dad have to have further treatments or procedures? Keep us posted!

Amy said...

Oh, Kristy, I do love this movie. I think you would like it.

Darryl's dad hasn't seen an oncologist yet because the surgeon wants him to heal from his surgery before starting any treatment. I think everyone is hoping he'll see an oncologist in the next week. I'll let you know...