Thursday, August 02, 2007

First Day

The alarm sounded harsh this morning at 6:00.

The first day back to school (for teachers, anyway) wasn't too bad. I'm kind of glad to be getting back into a routine. My stomach--which obviously has expanded over the past two months--received a great deal of attention. I hope that's out of the way and we can all move on now. (I'm not too great with being the "focus.") Kim, Tim, and I had a good lunch at a Mexican restaurant. Unfortunately, today was the only full day we had in our classrooms; the rest of the time in our rooms will be an hour here and there between meetings.

On another note, I had a call today from my doctor's office that my glucose test results were "slightly elevated," so I get to have the fun three-hour test Tuesday. I've decided that this will be the real test of whether or not I'm over my needle-phobia; so far, I've done well with all the poking and prodding. Let's hope the streak continues.

Tonight I spent my $100 Teacher Gift Card. I didn't buy anything too exciting--pens, Sharpies, a stapler, and the like. It was fun, though--nothing like buying school supplies courtesy of the state.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Bring a book and a pillow. You'll get bored! :) I had to do the 3 hour with Luke...
Hide the pillow in a backpack or big purse. :)

Amy said...

If I had known I was going to have to do this, I would have saved some episodes of Friday Night Lights to watch on the laptop!