Thursday, August 09, 2007

Back to School

Today was the "real" first day of school. Overall, it was pretty uneventful, which is good. My seventh period honors class wins the award so far for the loudest class--not bad kids, but they loooooove to talk. Loudly. My quietest and oddest mix of students is my 5th period. I spent most of the class wondering if I should check for a pulse. I guess it's the post-carb-load coma after lunch.

Our school is trying a "standardized dress code" (no jeans, collared or crewneck shirts of certain colors, etc.) this year. I honestly thought it would be a disaster the first day, but surprisingly, most of the students seemed to comply. I'm curious to see how it pans out.

Right after school was over, I was feeling really good, surprisingly energetic. Then on my way home, the exhaustion hit. I had to take a nap this afternoon.

Oh, my glucose test results were normal. That's good. Heaven forbid I cut out starches and sugar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you test went well! I ate my way through Chicago...diet AND exercise starts on Monday. Ashley's show was fabu!
More in person.

Jenny said...

Yay for good glucose results! Now..eat those Little Debbies! :)

Have a great week teaching!
PS In response to your question on my blog, the foggy preggy brain really doesn't let up...even after baby comes out! Then it's sleep deprived! I should know--I have foggy brain right now!