Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Martina on Idol/The Bachelor


My mom isn't a fan of my "TV posts" (her words: "You write too much about TV"), but oh well...

Martina McBride is going to be on Idol tonight, and I'm psyched. Now, I'm not a big country music fan, but I do love me some Martina. She's not too "twangy" (my main complaint about most country music), and her voice is incredible. If you haven't really listened to her before because she's a "country" artist, you might give her a shot. You might like her. I also think I just want to hang out with her and watch girl movies and eat brownies. She seems like that kind of girl.

And on another TV note...why is The Bachelor still on? I must confess, I watched the first couple of seasons, but I gave up on it when it seemed that the couples just broke up two weeks later. Last night, though, I just left the TV on after Dancing with the Stars while I was packing my lunch and such, and I had the biggest laugh over these girls who were competing for this guy by participating in some kind of boot camp workout. One girl fell and hurt her ankle, and who dashes to her rescue but The Bachelor himself, with rose in hand? And you could tell that all the other girls hated her because she was getting the extra attention. Hilarious. Isn't this 2007?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I used to love watching that show (Bachelor). But like you, I got irritated by the break up that soon followed. I do love watching the silly women claw each other's eyes out and all that. On an intellectual/women's right's level I'm totally against this show, but the trashy/ooh entertain me side still likes to look every now and then. ;)