Monday, April 16, 2007

Random bits of this and that

--I finally finished grading those senior research papers. I honestly expected the harps the sound and a choir of angels to break forth in song. I thought I'd never finish those things.
--I had a weird dream the other night that I was Jennifer Hudson. It was really strange.
--I don't know if you watch Dancing with the Stars, but Apolo and Julianne were INCREDIBLE tonight.
--It doesn't even seem appropriate to put this in the same post, but man, how upsetting is the Virginia Tech shooting? I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around that. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with all those faculty, students, and their families. (And while I've heard much criticism of the campus police for the way everything was handled, it does make me wonder how on earth an open college campus could be "secured." There is no intercom system, email is not immediately accessible to everyone at every moment, and there are tons of entrances and exits.) How tragic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son is a student at VT and I couldn't get hold of him until several hours after the tragedy. I am thankful to say he is fine. It was extremely scary and is still somewhat surreal. I wish the media would stop critizing the school's administration (do you honestly believe they would endanger students purposely?) and help with the healing process.

Jenny said...

You know, I WAS JH for a year and it was more than really strange! :) HAHAHAHAH