Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Mardi Gras Madness

I am not Catholic, but I almost feel that I should confess my "sin" of not blogging and ask for absolution.

Life has been busy lately. What can I say?

But here we are, in the midst of Mardi Gras season, and I can tell you one thing: Amelia has embraced the Mardi Gras parade.

We took Amelia to TWO parades Saturday -- an afternoon one and an evening one -- and she had a blast. And we had a blast watching her.

Part of the reason Amelia loved the parades so much was because of the loot, of course. Once she received this princess wand, she was a happy camper.



Amelia's school had a Pre-K Mardi Gras wagon parade today. We decorated Amelia's wagon with essential Fleur de Lis and Mardi Gras ribbon. Little did I know that some wagon were going to be hardcore with lights and music.

(Note to self for every school event we have attended thus far: We need to STEP UP OUR GAME.)

ALSO...I was not aware the student body was going to attend the parade. I thought we were going to just parade around for family and friends. No, sir.  We paraded through a crowd of kids ranging from kindergarten students through fifth graders, all screaming, "Throw me something! Give me some beads!! Give me some candy!!" We ran out of beads quickly, and then Amelia was sad she had nothing to throw. Again, we need to STEP UP OUR GAME.

But it was fun.

Amelia and a friend.

Amelia told a teacher I made her mask. By "made her mask," she means I tied the string to it. How's that for crafty?
 

Just keeping it real...Amelia was not happy because I wouldn't let her stand up in the wagon and ride. I'm so mean.

And this has absolutely nothing to do with Mardi Gras, but check out this oak tree at Amelia's school. Darryl's dad was always a huge fan of the Louisiana oaks when we lived here about twelve years ago, so much so that we have a lot of laughs about it. (Seriously...he was obsessed.) I think he would have given this one a "thumbs up."


And to link obsessions with Mardi Gras...you know what I'm obsessed with? King Cake. That might be a post for another day...

No comments: