Wednesday, February 13, 2013

If you need a good ego boost...

Amelia is into giving compliments lately. When I'm dressed for work, she often tells me, "Momma, I love your necklace" or "Momma, I love your shirt."

One day, I might have changed from my work clothes into some pajama pants before 5:00 p.m. (don't judge me -- I have embraced the pajama pants with gusto), and she kind of looked me up and down and said, "Momma, I love your...socks."

It's a stretch, I know.

The other day at Middendorf's, we had a waitress who I think already had one foot in the retirement home. When she came to bring us our change, Amelia told her, "I love your glasses!" I wonder if she had gotten that compliment lately.

(Also, I was wishing Amelia had told her that earlier in our dining experience because maybe I would have gotten my Diet Coke a little more quickly.)

Yesterday, Amelia said she wanted to make a Valentine card for the both of us, and she wanted an envelope to put it in. She went to her room, returned with a sealed envelope, and wanted me to open it. Inside I found this (I'm pretty sure I'm the larger square-shaped one):


And then she said, "Hang this on your board so you can look at it and know that I love you forever."

Melt. My. Heart.

No comments: