Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Grammys (Because Sometimes I Like to Write about Nonsense)

Y'all. I love an awards show, and the Grammys might be my favorite. I care diddly squat about who actually wins; I just like to see the performances and bizarre moments that make the Grammys truly awesome.

Before I list my thoughts and observations, I feel I must apologize to my Facebook friends for my excessive Grammy-related posts. Something about an awards show brings it out in me, and I feel a need to voice my EVERY THOUGHT about what I see on the screen before me. I did try to reign it in a little, but I think I might have failed.

So here we go...

1. I wish everyone would stop hatin' on Taylor Swift. I find her delightful. And if she uses men for songwriting purposes, so be it. WE are the real winners for the songs that result from the breakup, yes? ("Dear John" might be one of my favorites, so thank you, John Mayer.)

2. What was Adele wearing?!?

3. THANK YOU, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE.


4. Kelly Clarkson can SANG, y'all.

5. I read some amusing tweets about what movies people would like to watch on Carrie Underwood's dress. (What was up with that?)


6. Frank Ocean. DID. NOT. UNDERSTAND.

7. Darryl did not know Miranda Lambert is married to Blake Shelton. (How could he not know that?)

8. I wants someone (and by someone, I mean Adele, Beyonce, Alicia Keys, and Carrie Underwood) to stage an intervention for Rihanna and TALK SOME SENSE into her.

9. I super-loved Adam Levine and Alicia Keys (by the way..."Girl on Fire" is Amelia's jam) and the Marley tribute featuring Bruno, Sting, Rihanna, and more.

10. Darryl did not know that Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel are married. To each other. (Again, how could he not know that?)

11. Darryl is apparently an LL Cool J fan. (How could we be married almost 14 years and not know that?)

12. This was quite possibly one of my favorite Grammys ever. :-)

(As I type this, I happen to have E!'s "Fashion Police" on in the background. Kelly Osborne just gave Adele's dress a thumbs up. Kelly has lavender hair...so really, who is she to judge???)

(But I'm sitting here in plaid pajama pants, so who am I to judge??)

(But I'm pretty sure I have more room to judge than Joan Rivers does.)

No comments: