Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011--The iPhone Photo Edition

The three of us went to Florida the Sunday before Thanksgiving so that we could leave Amelia with my parents for the week. (That kind of sounds cold, doesn't it...like we just dropped her off at the door and waved goodbye. We actually got to visit a little with our families, and trust me...Amelia was quite excited about a week with her Nana and Paw-Paw!)



Monday, Darryl and I drove on to Biloxi, where we spent the night at the Beau Rivage. We were by far the youngest people there. Darryl's cousin Hayes and his wife, Brandi, met us there for dinner and stayed the night, too. Oh, and Tuesday morning, I was able to fit in what I have dubbed "The Best Massage I've Ever Had" at the spa before we left. I know. It's a rough life. (Also, the Beau was beautifully decorated for Christmas. See?)



We had to make an important food stop on our way to Baton Rouge. (Call me a chicken finger snob, but this is so much better than Zaxby's.)



Once we arrived in Baton Rouge, we did a little shopping because our friends Rebecca and Damian weren't home from work yet. We had to stock up on our Tiger wardrobe because finding Tiger merchandise in Atlanta is, well, impossible.



On Wednesday, I was able to meet up with my friend Martha for lunch. Oh, how I miss Martha. We taught together at LSU and our offices were next door to each other. (She's very petite and I look like Shrek when I stand next to her. Oh, well.)



I tried to fit in as many visits to the Community Coffee House as I could. This was trip number 1.



On Thanksgiving Day, we got off to a rough start when a mysterious substance in the bottom of the stove started burning and smoked up the house. There is speculation that it might have been the pumpkin cheesecake I baked the night before, but I plead innocent. There is no evidence to support that accusation.



But our culinary efforts prevailed, and we enjoyed a lunch of fried turkey, dressing, macaroni and cheese, "Not Your Mama's Green Been Casserole," and twice baked sweet potatoes.



While the guys went to the LSU-Arkansas game on Friday, Rebecca and I engaged in some good Black Friday shopping. Because of the game and the fact that most stores opened at midnight, the crowds really weren't too bad. We kept our energy up with some CC's. Again.


On Saturday, our retail excursions led us to the bookstore on campus. This is just one of the hundreds of huge oak trees on campus.


Here we are, waiting for a table at our final dining excursion, DiGiulio's. Yes, we miss the awesome restaurants in Baton Rouge, but we miss our friends even more! Good times!


Damian likes Darryl's bald head. I won't offer any further comments on that.



Before we pulled out of Baton Rouge Sunday, we had to make one more stop.


We had a really awesome week. We have had a lot of good "family time" with the three of us, and each of us has had some great one-on-one time with Amelia, but Darryl and I haven't had much time together lately, so this was a nice little getaway for us. And Amelia and my parents had a great time camping. (My mom is going to blog about that at some point, so you can see all the fun they were having.) It was a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

No comments: