Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Amelia Turns 4!

Amelia's birthday was this past Saturday. (I cannot believe she is already four. Where did the time go?)

Since I'm not working right now (anyone want to hire me?), I decided to do the party myself rather than have it at a "jump and bounce" place like we've done for the past two years. We had the party at a local park so that the kids could play on the playground and enjoy the nice weather.

Amelia wanted a Toy Story party, so I did my best to oblige. Only about six kids were able to come--along with my parents and my cousin and her husband--so it was a small group, but I think that made the party more laid back and enjoyable.

Here is the main table. (That pennant banner drove me NUTS, thanks to the wind. Fortunately, Darryl was able to get it to stay put.)


Here's the birthday girl, blowing out her candle. (Excuse the "mess" of the Potato Heads in the background. They were meant to be centerpieces but ended up being played with!)




Actually, I guess those were more like "looking at her candle" shots.

Anyway, here are some other party photos...

Here are my parents. (I think my dad was eating pizza.)



Here are Amelia and Anna, our next-door neighbor, chasing each other.



Here are Amelia and her friend Ava.



I probably should have stopped Amelia from going headfirst down the slide, but haven't we all broken the rules at some point??


Anna and her mom:



Sophia and Ava, swinging:



This is Alejandro. If he stays as sweet as he is now, I would totally be okay with Amelia dating him in about 12 years.


Here are the three of us. Five of us if you count my double chin and sunglasses.


When we got home, we opened some presents. Amelia got many nice things, but here are a couple of my favorite shots.

She received some boots from her Nana and Paw-Paw:


And she received this doll from BeeBee (Vicky) and Robert. Is it just me, or do she and this doll look alike?


It was a super-fun day with friends and family. Amelia is truly a blessed little girl, but we feel even more blessed to be her parents!

No comments: