Monday, July 18, 2011

A Week in the Life, Facebook, and Scalloped Tomatoes

Brief scrapbooking talk...

To the right of my blog is a button for a scrapbooking project initiated by my favorite scrapbooking guru, Ali Edwards, called "A Week in the Life." The essence of the project is that you create an album that thoroughly documents what a week in you life looks like through words and photos--the mundane, the fun, the routine, the minutia. Ever since seeing the completed albums of my friends from when they've done this project in the past, I've wanted to take on this project.

Basically, anyone could do this project anytime she wanted, but it is fun to do it when other scrapbookers are doing it, too. Next week is technically "A Week in the Life" week for taking photos, but I've decided that this week is going to be the week that I'm documenting because it includes a little bit of several aspects of our life. I'll show you more as I the project comes together.

Now movie talk...

I am way behind when it comes to watching movies; this afternoon, though, I watched The Social Network and really enjoyed it. The performances were really good (I see now why Jesse Eisenberg was nominated for so many awards), and the story was definitely intriguing.

Now food talk...

I brought back a bunch of tomatoes from Florida, and they are DELICIOUS. Tonight I made Ina Garten's Scalloped Tomatoes, and while it was really yummy, it isn't something I could eat a lot of. I also have a theory that it is one of those recipes that taste better the next day...

No comments: