Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Weekend: Tennis, Spas...and Walmart

This past weekend was a really good one...the kind you don't want to end.

Friday night, Darryl and I actually had somewhat of a date night. Our next-door neighbors kept Amelia so we could watch Andy Roddick play at an ATP tournament here in Atlanta. Here he is:



After he won the match, I stalked him walked over to the ESPN2 tent and watched his post-game interview:

If you know me at all, and you are thinking, "Amy, I didn't know you were a big tennis fan"...the truth is, I'm really not. Darryl has gotten into watching it over the past year, but I do like some Roddick. He's hilarious on Twitter.

Saturday, Darryl and Amelia hung out for a while, and I used my Mother's Day spa gift certificate and had a massage. I got wild and crazy and added a 15-minute scalp massage. Let me tell you: It did NOT disappoint. I felt like a greasy pork chop afterward, but it was worth it.

Today, Darryl and Amelia went to the pool and I went to Walmart. It was the first time I had been there in months because I hate going to this Walmart. And in all seriousness, it isn't because I'm a snob and think I'm too good to shop there; it's the fact that when I do shop there, I have to go to all four corners of the store to get what I need, and then when I'm done, two lanes are open for checkout. But TODAY...today, my friends, the customer service was awesome. This Walmart is apparently undergoing a remodeling effort, and there were about 20 employees available just to answer questions about locations of items. And...AND there was only one person in front of me at the checkout. And to top all that off, I bought 55 composition books for 15 cents each! Score!

This afternoon, Amelia and I went to the mall. PTL she has warmed up to sitting in her stroller again! We picked up her "big girl bed" bedding (more on that later), went to the Disney store to purchase The Princess and the Frog figurines (Girlfriend likes some princess figurines), rode the carousel, and had frozen yogurt. And she was good. I praised her like all get out in hopes it would encourage some goodness this week.

And we finished the evening with a little mother-daughter movie/popcorn night, where we watched Sleeping Beauty, better known in this household as Princess Asleep. (This was right after she stripped down to a diaper. Given our pitiful potty training efforts this week, there is NO way she is sitting naked on our furniture.)

No comments: