Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week at the Beach

Last week, our family was back together again and we spent a week at the beach. We had SUCH a great time.

First of all, here was the view from our condo. Pretty awesome, huh?



Part of what made this vacation so fun was that we were close enough to some friends and family that we were able to have some visitors throughout the week.

Amelia got to spend a lot of time with her cousin Mary Katherine, and we finally got to meet Mary Katherine's baby sister, Lauren:


We went to a nearby shopping area one evening with all three girls, and the pic of them riding in this stroller cracked me up!


We also were able to hang out with our nieces and nephews and had a blast with them. Can I tell you how difficult it is to get five kids all looking in the same direction for a photo?
My friend/colleague Rebecca and her family were also vacationing in the area, and Amelia was super-excited to see her friend Tanner!
My parents also came over one night and were able to watch Amelia swim in the pool and eat dinner with us. We enjoyed seeing them, too! (And we're still very grateful they kept Amelia for us the week before. One day this week, I'll have to post all we accomplished at the house while she was gone.)

Here's a rare family pic of the three of us. It isn't the greatest photo in the world, but these photos are so few and far between that I have to post it.
We also enjoyed some good seafood while we were there. Here is Darryl with some chargrilled oysters from ACME Oyster House. (Note: I am not an oyster person and enjoyed some delicious fried catfish instead.)

One evening, we took some obligatory beach photos. I love this photo of Amelia at the edge of the waves. (For my parents...Darryl was close enough to grab her if we needed to.)

Our schedule every day was pretty much get up, swim at the pool, eat lunch, take a nap, play, then go out to dinner. I could definitely get used to that!

No comments: