Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving for Three

So I dropped the ball on posting every day this week. Last night I decided to put up our Christmas tree, and by the time I finished, I was too tired to post...

We decided this year just to stay here for Thanksgiving. Darryl and I were both exhausted and in need of some family time just the three of us. I'm pretty sure I would have hit "burnout mode" pretty soon if we didn't get some R & R.

For the first time EVER, we had Thanksgiving at a restaurant. While it wasn't quite the same as eating some home-prepared goodies, I have to confess that it was nice to nap right after dinner instead of cleaning up the kitchen. :)

We had lunch at Copeland's, mainly because they boasted a buffet complete with "Cajun fried turkey." We love us some fried turkey. Anyway, the food was very, very good. The fried turkey was okay, but definitely not as good as Darryl's. (Or maybe I just missed the luxury of picking off the crispy fried pieces from the carcass, haha.)

Here's a pic of me and my girl:


We finished up with cheesecake for dessert. I know it isn't very Thanksgiving-y, but Amelia didn't seem to mind:

We came home, took a good nap, perused the Black Friday ads, and then went to dinner at Cracker Barrel. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I wanted more Thanksgiving food...I considered it my "leftovers" since we didn't really have any...leftovers.

Cracker Barrel was PACKED. They were out of turkey (!), but I was still able to get all the fixings, which is what I wanted anyway. It took a sweet forever to get our food (but our waitress was so nice and apologetic and hooked us up with free pie), and somehow Amelia stayed in very good spirits through the long wait. Thank goodness for "colors":


We finished up the evening by putting up and decorating the Christmas tree. Out with Thanksgiving, in with Christmas!

No comments: