Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Amelia's Birthday Party

Yes, this is over two weeks late, but I thought I'd FINALLY post about Amelia's birthday party.

Last year, we had a very simple party with only a few family members, but I decided to be brave (or insane?) and do a full-fledged party this year, complete with about 14 kids aged 5 and under. However, I did make the very, very wise decision (if I do say so myself) to have the party at the indoor playground place that Amelia loves so much, so I didn't have to worry about cleaning up before or after and coming up with activities for the kids to do. That was great!

Here are a few pics:

Amelia loved this slide and pretty much stayed on this during most of the play time.

Okay, I'm including both of these (bad) pics so you can get an idea of how difficult it is to get a group shot of young children. This just makes me laugh...



One of my co-workers made the awesome Elmo cake!
One of my co-workers made the awesome Elmo cake!

The only downside to this party is that it was really hard to get the kids fed in the 40 minutes that we were allotted in the party room, so we ended up taking all the gifts home to open. I felt kind of bad about that, but I let it go. It was one of those "beyond my control" things. Amelia did have a big time opening her gifts, though.
It was definitely a fun time, and most importantly, Amelia enjoyed it. That's kind of the point, right?

No comments: