Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sesame Street Live!!

Last Sunday, Darryl and I took Amelia to a matinee of Sesame Street Live: Elmo's Green Thumb. This was our first attempt taking Amelia to anything like this, and I consider it a success.

First, Darryl, who is extremely wrapped around his girl's finger, got tickets on the 3rd row. We both figured that if the action was too far away from Amelia, she would lose interest quickly.

She seemed to really enjoy it. She was either wide-eyed with interest, pointing and babbling to one thing and then another, or else she was dancing and jumping up and down.

I didn't get any great pics because the child would not stop moving the entire time. Here's a pic a tried to get with her in front of Elmo at the merchandise booth, but I couldn't get her to stop looking at Elmo long enough to look at me:

Darryl even tried to get a pic of both of us with Elmo, but you see who was the object of her affection:

Watching the action...

This next photo makes me laugh. The character Zoe came down to our row and approached Amelia. Amelia went to her (this is totally not something she gets from me, as I still have a phobia of life-sized costumed characters), but she was a little shy. I love the hand behind her back as Zoe left.


I do actually have a few photos with Amelia's face in them. :) This one is my favorite; I think it was taken before the show actually started.

We had lots of fun, and I look forward to doing this kind of stuff with Amelia in the future!

No comments: