Sunday, September 27, 2009

Maybe a Weekend Blogger

I'm thinking I might just have to do my blogging on the weekends.

School + motherhood=very exhausted person

During the week, I feel so rushed that by the time I have a moment to sit down, I'm so tired I just want to go to bed.

This week was a doozy. First, I was beyond tired from Elmo Live on Sunday. (I was too tired to eat my dinner. If you know how much I love food, then you know I was really tired.) I already had a busy week that included meetings, lots of grading and class prep, and an honor roll party I was in charge of that was for 150 students. Then, on Monday, I received an email reminder that it was my week to do "teacher appreciation snacks" for Amelia's daycare teachers. And while that may not sound like a big deal, let's just call it what it is: a competition between the mothers to see who can produce the best tasting snacks presented in the cutest way possible.

I hate that kind of stuff.

Anyway, I produced an acceptable basket, I think, and now my turn is done for the year. Thank goodness.

So all that was going on, and the rain just seemed to exacerbate everything. It was a week I was glad to put behind me.

Other than that, school is going very well, knock on wood. We've had a nice weekend (well, except for Darryl, who is still very unhappy about FSU's loss), and I'm currently experiencing that Sunday-afternoon depression that comes with the realization that a full school week lies ahead. And it isn't really the teaching part I dread; it's the getting up early, fixing the lunches, and rushing through the routine that wears and tears.

Alas...

No comments: