Friday, February 13, 2009

Scenes from a Toddler Valentine's Party

As you can see from this picture, a Valentine's party for one-year-olds is a pretty kickin' time:
There were four other children at the party, and their excitement level was about the same. (By the way, Tim, that's RM's kid who is "sweet as candy.")


Amelia is obviously annoyed with me in this picture. I think she just wanted to enjoy her Valentine cookie without the flashbulbs of the "mama-paparazzi."


This is when the Miss Crankypants part of her personality took over:


Here's Amelia receiving a valentine from her friend Tanner. While all the other toddlers were passing out their valentines (usually to the wrong people, but oh well), Amelia was perfectly content to sit and collect her spoils.

You see that cute little blond girl with the curls? That sucker in her hand...yeah, she TOTALLY snatched that out of Amelia's hand, ripped the wrapper off, and stuck it in her mouth. I've got my eye on you, missy.

And this shot is just so you can see her cute Valentine's shirt. With a large potato chip crumb at the top. (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.) And yes, I'm aware her hair is in her eyes. However, Amelia REFUSES to wear a hair clip of any kind (she will pull it out in about 2.5 seconds), and I refuse to cut her bangs because she would then have a mullet. Some of my "been there, done that" mom friends told me to wait it out, so I am.

I would end by saying a fun time was had by all, but judging from these pics, do you think that would be an accurate statement???

No comments: