Thursday, January 01, 2009

The REAL New Year's Rockin' Eve

I cleaned out my closet New Year's Eve:


I purged eight (!) garbage bags of clothes and two hampers of shoes and handbags from my closet.

Basically, I was just brutally honest with myself. Am I going to lose 30 pounds and fit into the dress I wore in 2000? Um, no.

But check out how well my husband knows me. Here was our conversation yesterday after my closet cleaning:

ME: You know what I finally did, Darryl? I got real with myself. I said, "Amy, are you really going to fit into those pants again? You may lose 10 pounds, but you're not going to lose 30. Get real."

DARRYL: I know what else you said.

ME: What's that?

DARRYL: You said, "And Girlfriend, if you do lose 30 pounds, you deserve to go shopping and get some new clothes!"

2 comments:

Jess said...

That's awesome! And Darryl's right- you will deserve new clothes if you lose that much!!! (I can say that only because I just lost 20, and that's what I've been telling myself- and Rob- too!)

Anonymous said...

I am getting for the biggest shopping spree of all time in about a month...join me!