Friday, January 09, 2009

Ready for 2009 to get better

This has been a rough week for several reasons that I won't go into here. It feels, too, as though this week was really three weeks long.

And after just one week back with students, I'm ready for another break. Thank goodness for MLK Day.

And I have a horribly sore throat and have lost my voice. Otherwise, I feel fine.

I did get a chance to attend an AP Workshop today, and it was really beneficial. So far, I'm 2 for 2 on AP Workshops. I don't think Tim has been that lucky with the recent ones he has been to. (He went to a different session than I did today.)

I just had a funny thing happen through Facebook. I received this message from a former student (whom I can't remember at all, although the name looks familiar):

I think that you might be the same Amy _____ that taught Freshman English at ____. If you are not: disregard this e-mail and the errors contained within.
I found my first English paper from college tonight in a box. Spring 2000. You gave me a low "D." I deserved it. The reason I am telling you is to apologize for making you read that paper. It was horrible. I wrote it the morning before your class. Embarrassing. I hope all is well. Feel free to send corrections to this message in red type if necessary. I still need the help, apparently.

This made me LAUGH.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That's awesome! Once I got an email from a male student on Myspace with his college paper requirements cut and pasted on it and he asked me if I would write it for him. I deleted it and him.

Kristy said...

That is too funny!!! See, you do make a difference!!