Sunday, December 07, 2008

Stuff from this week

I realize it has been a week since I wrote last. The end of the semester is always crazy. Here are a few things that have been going on:

--I have a stack of grading up to my eyeballs, practically. I'm slowly making my way through it. I have resolved myself to the fact that not everything is going to get graded, though. Yes, major assignments will be, like essays, major tests, and such, but some of the less significant assignments that students have apparently forgotten about...well, I confess they may never make it to the grade book. (If you are a teacher and read this, assure me that this is okay!)

--I got a phone this week that has a keyboard. This excites me more than it should. I love to text.

--I am reading the second book in the Twilight series, New Moon. It is very hard for me to put down to focus on, you know, grading...but I've been pretty good about limiting my reading to right before bedtime. I've already decided that when I finish it, I cannot buy the next one until Christmas break.

--We had big plans to go to a Christmas parade and to see Santa yesterday, but those plans went in the garbage after The Worst Diaper of 2008. In public. In a hoity-toity children's boutique. I ran out of wipes. I'll spare any more details.

--I have gotten a good bit graded this weekend, and I plan to do more.

--How late can you take a Christmas photo and get it mailed out? We have yet to do that.

Anyway...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Totally understand the "put a check mark on a classwork activity but not put in gradebook" situation. Been there, done that.

Haven't done Christmas card thing YET. But will.