Monday, December 29, 2008

If you pray...

...keep this little one in your prayers.

I do not know this woman or this family personally. I have found her blog through other blogs (oh, the blogosphere is just a neverending maze). She has a baby--maybe a little over a month old--who is basically a living miracle. You can read the whole story on her blog if you are interested, but basically when this baby was in the womb, the doctors diagnosed him with a severe heart problem and didn't think he would live to be born. Long story short, he was born perfectly healthy, a miracle in a time when I think we desperately crave miracles.

Now, this baby is fighting for his life because of extremely severe RSV. The doctors are saying things like "he must turn the corner tonight," and he has stopped breathing several times. (Edited to add: my original post said he was on a ventilator, but I was wrong about that. It is a very real possibility, however.)

As a mother, I can't imagine the emotions I would be feeling right now. I usually don't even post things like this. I've been in churches before where prayer requests were often thinly veiled gossip reports, so I'm always wary of coming across that way...but I couldn't shake the feeling that I should post this.

Please pray that this little one once again defines the meaning of "miracle."

And while you are at it, pray for Jen's friend and her family, too. They need a little peace in a very dark time.

Peace to you all.

No comments: