Monday, December 22, 2008

No Christmas Cards :(

Unfortunately, we never got our act together in time to send out a Christmas card this year. (So if you've sent us one, but didn't get one from us in return, it isn't because we are dissing you or anything. We simply don't have one.)

It isn't like we didn't try. We made several attempts to get a good picture of Amelia for the card. One lesson we've learned is this is NOT a task to put off to the last minute. Another lesson we've learned is that it is impossible to get a one-year-old--excuse me, an ACTIVE one-year-old--to stand still. Or sit still. Or just be still.

Here was our most promising photo:
I actually thought we had a winner with that one. Unfortunately, I had to do a lot of cropping and tweaking with iPhoto for it to look focused. When we had it developed, Amelia's teeth looked black. Not good.

So between the unsuccessful attempts at getting a photo, Christmas shopping, grading papers, feeling bad with a sinus infection...I just decided I had to let the Christmas card go.

For those of you who read my blog, please know that I do wish you a very Merry Christmas. For those of you who have sent me cards, I've loved looking at all your great photos and/or reading your holiday greetings.

From our house to yours, Merry Christmas! (Imagine the photo above on a cute Christmas card.)

No comments: