Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I haven't blogged much lately because things have been super-crazy lately.

School ended for students on Friday, and that night I had to attend graduation. This year was kind of weird for me...this was the first year I didn't teach seniors, and because of when I made the switch to juniors and sophomores, I did not teach this graduating class. I just felt sort of removed from it all.

Early Saturday morning, we headed to the airport to fly to Florida. Darryl was just tired of making that (boring, seemingly endless) drive, so he opted to use some of his miles so we could fly down. It also gave us an opportunity to see how Amelia would fare on a plane. She was great. If only we didn't have to lug a car seat, a stroller, our suitcases. Oh, and I love how I had to declare and show my baby formula because it was more than 3 ounces. Sure, stories surface all the time of people who have made it through the security check with razor blades and such, but watch out for the baby formula!!

This weekend was rough. It was good to see family, but Darryl's dad wasn't doing very well at all. In fact, Saturday was really his worst up to this point...and it was really, really bad. He was a little better Sunday. If you are a praying person, please keep Darryl's dad and his family in your prayers.

On a more positive note, I was able to see my new niece, Avery. She's a doll.

And I'll leave with a cute picture. Amelia's Nana and Papa bought her a swing, and she LOVES it. She can't stop smiling when she's in it:

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I hope I don't sound cheesy, but my heart really aches for Darryl and all the family. You can bet we are praying for Mr. Bennie and the family.

One funny memory is from our senior year. I think it was the last week that seniors were off, & Darryl & I had run by his house after grad. practice or something. I was in the living room & rested my hand on the end of the couch or a chair. Imagine my surprise to discover Mr. B's toupee. We cracked up!

I hope they all know how many people are praying and thinking of them often!

Kristy said...

Oops, I forgot to mention that I love the picture. Is the swing staying at your parents'? I hope you didn't have to lug it on the plane!

Amy said...

Thanks for the good thoughts, Kristy. I think I remember hearing that toupee story!

And yes, the swing is staying at my parents' house. I think they are trying to make their house more fun than ours so that she will want to go there more often when she's older. :)