Friday, November 03, 2006

Me at 33!

Happy birthday to me!

It's been a good day so far. I started off my morning with a trip to Starbucks for a "birthday latte" and cinnamon doughnut. My students were pretty good today; once they received word it was my birthday, I was showered with many well wishes and ornate whiteboard decorations. (Just give students a clean whiteboard and an array of marker colors, and stand back and watch the magic. If only they were as creative on their papers!)

Darryl has gone a little crazy with the birthday gifts this year. He brought me tanzanite earrings and a necklace from South Africa, but after seeing how much I loved his satellite radio, he surprised me this morning by telling me that he is having it installed in my car, so I'm really excited about that. Awesome! The 80's station all the time, y'all! (I gave him two shirts and a pair of Crocs, so I think he got the short end of the stick.)

We're having dinner tonight at Morton's. I've never been there, but I've heard it's good. I'm planning to eat lots and lots...and not feel guilty about it at all.

Here's to 33!

5 comments:

RealTimShady said...

Congratulations, Amy!

How was Morton's?

(Steak dinners seem to be all the rage for this year's birthday dinners.)

Amy said...

Morton's was really good. I think that as far as "upscale" steak restaurants go, though, my favorite is Bones. (Their cheese grit fritters are to die for.)

But, TimShady, check out what my mom's post to see what she is bringing. I'm even more excited about that!

Jenny said...

Happy birthday!!!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday my friend! I'm a jerk for not remembering on my own! and GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Amy said...

Oh, Jess--don't worry about it. I'm the worst, and I mean THE WORST, about birthdays. And yes, GEAUX TIGERS!!!!