Saturday, November 18, 2006

Cooking and Grey's--Both Delicious

Okay, my title for this post is hokey.

It's Thanksgiving week, and I am in complete cooking mode. Last weekend I was a bit under the weather and ended up watching two solid days of Food TV. Over the past couple of weeks, I've bought just about every holiday cooking magazine I could get my hands on (plus a couple of cookbooks), and this weekend, I made scones and lemon bars, and I also tried a new dressing/stuffing recipe. (I consider good dressing a "must" on the Thanksgiving table, so I did a "trial run" before Turkey Day. I'm glad I did because the new recipe was GROSS.)

To make my time in the kitchen even more fun, I rented Grey's Anatomy Season One and the first disc of Season Two. I started watching Grey's towards the very end of last season, so I have some catching up to do. I've really enjoyed stirring, chopping, and baking while watching what is quickly becoming my favorite TV show.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should I call Aunt Dry-n-Sagey and ask her to come over and help you with the dressing? She could stop by the Public Market and pick up all the necessary ingredients on her way over.

(Actually...my late grandmother's dressing recipe -- not the one that Aunt Dry-n-Sagey makes -- can never be transcended.)

Sorry for the duplicate post. It's the silly Blogger Beta thing. Curses!

Amy said...

My mother's dressing is delicious, but she doesn't really use any specific measurements--I probably should make it with her one day to see how she does it. For the past couple of years, I've used Paula Deen's dressing, and it's very good and not dry at all. I was just trying to "mix it up" and try something new, but I think I'll stick to the tried and true Paula recipe.

I'm also attempting homeade cranberry sauce, but I'll have the canned version (which I love, by the way) just in case.

I didn't get a duplicate post from you, by the way.

Anonymous said...

If the cranberry sauce is not still in that can shape, I can't eat it! Missed you two at work Mon., Tues., and Wed. Lots of tidbits to share!
Hugs!