Sunday, November 05, 2006

Congratulations, Lisa and Gordon!

Last night, Darryl and I were honored to attend the wedding of Lisa and Gordon. Lisa and I worked together for a little over a year when I tested the waters outside the world of academia. We quickly bonded when we discovered we were both English majors working outside our element, and we've been friends since. I witnessed the very beginning of this relationship, and there was no doubt that from the very start, Gordon was the one for her.

The ceremony was beautiful and intimate, set in the Primrose Cottage of Roswell. I liked how Lisa's and Gordon's families were incorporated into the wedding--many of the attendants were relatives, and their moms each read a poem ("i carry your heart with me" by e.e. cummings, and the Apache Wedding Prayer "Now You Will Feel No Rain"). There was lots of laughter and tears during the ceremony, and the feeling of love and support for Lisa and Gordon was apparent.

I wish them lots of love and laughs in the future. Happy Wedding, Lisa and Gordon!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That sounds like a really cool wedding!!!

Jenny said...

Hey, girlie, can you update the link to my blog? Thanks chick!

Amy said...

Jen C--

A) It was a really cool wedding. I left out that the first dance was to the Allman Brothers (groom's choice, I'm sure). They definitely included their personalities in the wedding, so that was pretty neat.

B) Your wish has been granted. Sorry for the delay!