Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Catch-All

1. Starting this past week, I'm working two days a week at my old school. I'm teaching a class that is supposed to help kids work up to their potential on the standardized 9th and 11th grade English tests that take place in May. I could only work Monday this week, and the school is out next week, so basically I worked one day only to have almost two weeks off.

It's a little money and I still will get to spend plenty of time with Amelia, so I think it is a good thing for the most part. Getting up at 4:45 a.m. this past Monday, though, hit me like a ton of bricks.

2. I don't know what exactly to say about the death of Whitney Houston. It's so sad, but at the same time...I wasn't really surprised. That doesn't make it any less sad, though. I know this is cliche and I've heard many other people say the same, but her songs truly do make up a good bit of what I would consider the "soundtrack" to my life, especially 5th grade through college. I can remember when my best friend in 5th grade, Heather, hit "play" on a new cassette (this was before the CD days, y'all) she had just bought by this new singer. We danced around while using hairbrushes as microphones and sang "How Will I Know?" about 427 times in a row.

3. I have started watching Parenthood on Netflix. It's so good, y'all. I love Lauren Graham, a.k.a. Lorelei Gilmore. (Ah...Gilmore Girls. Let's take a moment, shall we?)

4. I just started using Google Reader, and it might be changing my life.

5. A worship leader/singer for our church, Chris Cauley, is on The Voice this season. He's crazy talented and is on Adam Levine's team. (By the way, I'm thinking this show is much better than Idol, which, as I might have blogged about before, I broke up with when Taylor Hicks beat Katherine McPhee.)

6. Darryl and I are having a date night tonight (dinner and a movie) and I am PUMPED.

That's it.

No comments: