Monday, September 26, 2011

Random Stuff--In List Form

1. Today is the last day of my teaching gig. It really hasn't been too bad. The worst part (besides getting up at 4:20, yes, 4:20, in the morning) has been teaching the same class five times. Monotonous? Yes.

2. I realize I still need to do a Disney post. I just haven't had the energy while I've been teaching. Maybe it will develop later this week. I also want to strike the fine balance between keeping it succinct enough not to bore those who don't give a rip and making it thorough enough to satisfy the grandparents.

3. I am obsessed, and by obsessed, I mean I want to watch this show every time I have a spare minute to do so, with...


Seriously, I cannot stop watching this show. I started watching it on Netflix, and I am almost at the end of Season 3. I need to just go ahead and finish up the series (before the fifth season begins in 2012) so that I can move on with my life.

4. Amelia went to her first birthday party for one of the friends at her "new school." We had a great time, and I enjoyed getting to know some of the moms. It definitely was not as awkward as I thought it would be.

5. Speaking of birthday parties, Amelia has decided she wants a Toy Story party for hers. I was a little bummed because I was hoping we would be throwing an all-too-sweet princess party, but after looking around at some stuff online (and realizing it's not my party, so it isn't all about me), I'm getting pumped about the Toy Story theme. (And I failed to realize what all the fuss was about Pinterest until I started finding some cute pics. Now I've gotta say that I LOVE Pinterest.)

6. Back to TV...I have boldly decided not to watch Dancing with the Stars this go-around. I want to say, for the record, that I don't mind Ch@z being on the show at all (just wanted to separate myself from the nuts who are sending him death threats), but the cast is just kind of unappealing as a whole. And Grey's Anatomy (who began the season with the most.....drawn....out....premier....ever) is on my list. It has a couple of episodes to shape up, or it's outta here. And Glee...you better watch your back as well.

7. This list was riveting, yes?

2 comments:

Becky said...

Toy Story??? Are we out of the princess phase so soon? Paw-paw was just learning to distinguish Sleeping Beauty from Belle.

Amy said...

We're definitely not out of the princess phase. I'm not sure why she wants Toy Story, but it's her party, so she gets to choose. :-)