Thursday, September 15, 2011

Back

A few days ago, my friend/former colleague Tim contacted me to see if I would be interested in teaching some Graduation Writing Test review sessions at the school where I used to teach for the next week and a half or so. I took him up on the offer, and yesterday was my first day back for this little stint of teaching.

It's a pretty sweet gig, actually. I'm in a conference room that has windows on two sides overlooking the football field. I have five groups of about eight students each. All the lessons have been planned, and there is no grading.

And I get to see my old work friends.

But I've gotta be honest: 4:30 hit me HARD this morning. And "real" shoes. My toes hurt so badly at the end of the day.

It was a good day, though. I had a day full of hugs and "glad to see yous" from former colleagues and students.

It felt good to be back for a while.

No comments: