Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thoughts on Snow Days

We're at the beginning of Snow Day #4. I anticipate that we'll go back to school tomorrow (and I am willing to bet that the students are going to be WILD), just in time for a three-day weekend. Thank goodness. I could use a day off.

So here are some things I have learned from our Snow Days:

1. Laziness just lends itself to more laziness. Monday, when I first thought we would be out just one or two days, I was very lazy because I "deserved it." However, it has been very difficult to climb out of the rut.
2. It is a bad idea to bake cookies early in the Snow Day week. Nothing like being trapped in the house with freshly baked cookies.
3. Our house makes a bad home-office, as Darryl can attest.
4. I think I'm more of a homebody than I realized because these days off? I have loved them.
5. The great thing about Snow Days is that they are unplanned; therefore, we don't overplan them with activities and stuff to do. (Not that we could go anywhere anyway...)

So what have I done with my time? I've cooked some, played around with the computer (I might be addicted to iMovie, y'all), played with Amelia, and been lazy.

It's been divine.

Now, the big question is when we're going to make up for all these days off...

(P.S. Not to be Debbie Downer, but I realize as much as I've enjoyed these days off, some of my friends--especially business owners--have really been hurting this week. I'm crossing my fingers that we thaw out soon so things can get back to normal for them.)

No comments: