Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Project Life

This may be of no interest to anyone except scrapbookers (and maybe a few relatives who love me unconditionally and will read/watch whatever I post here).

After my Glen Ella weekend, I have scrapbooking on the brain. One of the projects I completed over the weekend was Project Life.

Project Life
Last Christmas (Christmas 2009), I asked my mom for Becky Higgins's Project Life Album Kit. I won't go into detail with what comes with the kit because you can read all about it on her website, but I took the "photo a day for a year" approach. Now that the album is complete, I absolutely love it. (Also, this album could easily be done by someone who isn't a "scrapbooker." It's basically an album with some cards for journaling.)

The difficult part for me was just the process of printing the photos and getting them in the album. Because of that, I decided this year to do the digital version of Project Life to eliminate the whole printing the photo part; I simply upload the photos to my album as often as I want. I know I sound like an infomercial here, but yesterday I uploaded my first batch of photos and the site was extremely easy to use. At the end of the year, I will simply order my completed album. (If you are interested in this...if you pay now, you get about $30 off the price of the album.)

Okay, y'all, we are in the midst of a WEATHER EVENT, so I have some spare time on my hands. I made a video of my album if you are interested.

That's right. A scrapbooking video. Don't judge me.

All the photos in the slideshow are just some of many in my album. And I am so glad I have them.

2 comments:

RealTimShady said...

I know that I make fun of the scrapbooking, but this is really nice!

(Do you choose the music?)

Amy said...

Thanks, Tim! :-)

Yes, I picked the music. (I think the Snow Days might have fostered an addiction to iMovie.)