Saturday, January 01, 2011

1-1-11

Don't those numbers just suggest a fresh start?

I'm not making a list of resolutions this year. I know some specific things that I want to work on and do better, but overall, this is my goal:

I want to get my life "right."

What does that mean? I don't even know the answer to that.

I've been pondering a lot of deep issues lately, but I'm not in the mindset now to write a deep post.

I just know that something doesn't feel right. Is it my job? Is it my relationship with other people? Is it friendships I've let fall to the wayside? Is it not "acting" when my heart says I should do something for others? Is it blaming others for things that are 100% my fault? Is it turning to food when I'm stressed, bored, or overwhelmed? Is it a spiritual black hole that I need to climb out of? Is it opening myself to negativity when I really need to see the glass half full? Is it letting little things drag me down instead of ignoring the good things all around me?

Is it all of the above?

Rather than listing my resolutions, I am instead going to leave with a Bible verse that I am adopting as my "life verse for 2011":

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26

No comments: